eBooks, Audio Books, Magazines and Comics
To access any of these LibrariesWest online resources click on this button:
From Monday 16 August, the LibrariesWest e book service will be provided by Borrow Box. Cloud Library will no longer be available from this date.
What is changing from 16 August?
- Much more choice! – the collection will increase by around 40% as they will be adding lots of new titles as well as migrating the titles currently available in Cloud Library, so it should be much easier to find something to checkout straightaway. You should also find that wait times for reserved e books are shorter as they will be purchasing multiples of the most popular titles.
- E books will be checked out for 21 days and can be renewed up to 2 times even if there is a waiting list for the title.
- You will still be able to have up to 10 e books on loan at any one time. Reservations will count towards this limit.
- Each month they will be adding several multiple simultaneous access titles which can be borrowed by up to 1,000 people at a time.
- Any titles you have on loan or reserve will no longer be available to you at the point of migration so please try to finish reading them by this date. Migration will happen between 13 and 16 August so titles will gradually disappear from Cloud Library during this period. If you checkout any e books between now and the 16 August, it will still appear to give you 21 days but be aware that the loan will disappear once the title migrates across to Borrow Box. As soon as titles appear in Borrow Box from 16 August you will be able to check them out again or reserve them.
- From 16 August you will be able to start reserving e books again through Borrow Box.
- If you would like to keep your loan history and/or saved items, you will need to retrieve this information manually as it will not be possible to migrate this across to Borrow Box.
Cloud Library will still be available until Monday, 16 August.
- Free to use. Check out up to 5 e-audiobooks at a time
- Borrow e-audiobooks for up to 14 days – and return them early or renew
- Reserve an e-audiobook if it being borrowed by another customer (Note – a reservation counts as part of your loan entitlement)
- Choose from around 11,000 titles – fiction (adult and children), biographies, history, cookery, health and lifestyle, travel and much more
- Download the free BorrowBox app to your tablet or smartphone – compatible with android and iOS devices, or use the website if you are using a PC or laptop.
- No late fees – e-audiobooks expire automatically at the end of the loan period unless you have returned them early.
Download Digital Magazines for free with your library card!
*****This service will be changing soon. Please keep an eye out for updates*******
- Choose from over 100 different titles across a wide range of genres including computers & technology, crafts, current affairs, entertainment, food & cooking, lifestyle, science & nature, sports and home & garden
- Checkout as many editions of a title as you like (and keep them for as long as you like!), and download or stream them to your tablet, smartphone, PC or laptop
- All titles are unabridged, interactive and in full colour
- Available at the same time as they appear on newsagents shelves
- Each title comes with at least 12 months of back issues to explore
- Sign up for email alerts as new editions of your favourite titles are published
Download Digital Comics and Graphic Novels for free with your library card!
- Choose from over 1500 titles across a range of genres for both adults and children
- Includes Marvel, Disney, IDW & Dark Horse, with fantasy, manga, horror, science fiction and superheroes galore!
- New titles added on a regular basis
- Check out as many titles as you like and they will remain on your device for 30 days
- If you haven’t finished reading a title you just need to check it out again
- No waiting lists – titles are always available
- Download or stream them to your tablet, smartphone, PC or laptop